Blurred Lines


          I was sitting on the passenger's seat of the UV express on my way home. 

          When I set my headphone and started my "travel music", time suddenly presses on the gas and speeds up. The world around suddenly turns into a sweeping flurry of lines and colours, while the sky above still intact. Occasionally, the world stops and becomes clear again as the car waits at certain bus stops.

          Every time this happens, I feel like I am in a new world. I am in a new reality from where I've just been 20 minutes ago.

          This is what I feel in the daily travels that I do. Sure, I get familiar with all the places that I've been, but it's still amazing to think that you are actually surrounded by different communities full of different lives, backgrounds, status and connections. Around you are different people and environments with different priorities and beliefs.

          They are like small worlds; a bunch of systems directed towards only a goal, which is to improve, yet I could hide all of them in sheets of blurry lines and colours, and deem them as irrelevant to me.

          But unlike other people, I don't see this as insignificant. It's a truth that we could deny ourselves that there are different realities, but it's also a truth that we could accept it; not acceptance as for complacency, but as the allowance of a certain reality to be part of the whole world: my whole world.

          I wonder, if these worlds that is present all around me were not here, what was I supposed to see? The colours of these worlds; the lives that has been part of this wonderful spectrum of colours I see every time I go home have been a big part of me. 

          The UV presses forward, and all I could be is a person telling God how amazing He is for making such creation that could be like this. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My own Character - Alapaap

Semi-realistic guy drawing