The cry of the city flowers





          In my country, transportation through highways and asphalt roads is very important. I, needing to go to various places, travel through the same roads as everyone. In some months, like July and August, rain would be present in my daily travels, and I would get pissed when that happens. 



                 Don't get me wrong: I love the rain! I just don't like the rain when I am commuting. Travelling in fair weather is already a hassle!

          A while ago, as raindrops hit the window of the UV and the steam from my head combats the cold air of the van, I saw something unusual.




          The bushes by the road were healthily and vividly green, and they were elaborately presenting their flowers as though they were fresh and new.  My anger dissipated because I realised, 

"Why would I be angry if it gives life to such beauty?" 

            Yeah. I am oddly amazed. 


        Well maybe that was an exaggeration. But when you think of it, the plants by the road are usually dull, dusty and looks dry and fragile. Yet this rain, which many deem as troublesome (like I once did), replenishes their beauty and quenches the thirst the plants have been suffering this whole time.

          Let me give you just one fun idea: what if these plants are crying out to heaven all along? Prayers they have offered amidst suffering have been rewarded with a blessing. Supposedly I'm relating this to transpiration, but yeah, I don't want to give nerdy jokes.

       Anyways, to think about it, though humans impede its natural flow of processes of Nature, a creation of God, she still has her ways to give her sons the love and care they need. It answers the calls and the cries of the weak and help them be strong. 

          After about a few minutes, the cry of the city flowers was stopped at it's mother's lullaby, and all was new again.

           



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My own Character - Alapaap

Semi-realistic guy drawing